Skocz do zawartości

8K test transmission

Udostępnij

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

I'm not sure if I have to post in this corner DX,but because information is for now a curiosity(soon will not be),I think it's good to put it here.

The first 8K test transmission (it has also made such a test at 23.5E in May but it lasted for a little while)are currently being made on the Astra 2E/ 2F/ 2G satellite at 28.2E on 12480V, 30000,3/4,16APSK by the Polish company PSNC 

In fact,it's a DVB / IP stream that needs to be filtered to get Vpid-1023 HEVC video stream,without having audio pid.

omEn0zp.png

V2mWHJT.png

CXfgJi8.png

It's nice to see some 8K content from Poland on satellite :D

Thanks @satesco for posting and nice screenshots ;)

I wrote some news about it on Friday here: https://satkurier.pl/news/171917/polskie-testy-8k-na-satelicie.html

Now I'm trying to stream it live instead of filtering TS.

My idea is to use BDADataEx app from CrazyCat and I have some success - I'm able to push stream from PID 3000 into network but I'm stuck in some network configuration to correctly route traffic :/ I'm still trying to do it, but maybe I will need some help with network part... Maybe I have ran into some OS config issues at my PC and I need to check it from other PC.

This seems to be an Unicast broadcast, output is set to IP address 228.1.1.1, I don't remember port right now, I'll check it later. MAC address 00:00:00:00:00:00.

If we could push it into network, we would be able to view it live by VLC or MPC-HC (especially MPC-HC works very stable with 8K).

PS: Test are made by SES, PSNC just provided content. It was meant to be used in tests from May at 23,5°E, but for some reason that content was probably not used back then.

PL:

Miło zobaczyć zawartość 8K przygotowaną w Polsce na satelicie :D

Dzięki za post i ładne zrzuty @satesco ;)

Napisałem o tym news w piątek: https://satkurier.pl/news/171917/polskie-testy-8k-na-satelicie.html

Teraz próbuję zrobić to na co brakło mi czasu przy testach na 23,5°E - zamiast filtrować plik TS próbuję wpuścić strumień do sieci na żywo.

Mój pomysł to użycie aplikacji BDADataEx od CrazyCat-a i mam pewne sukcesy - doszedłem już do tego, żeby PID 3000 wpuścić w sieć, ale ugrzązłem w samej konfiguracji sieci, aby dalej przekierować ruch :/ Nadal próbuję to rozgryźć, ale może będę potrzebował pewnej pomocy w tym zakresie... Być może wpadłem na jakieś problemy konfiguracyjne związane konkretnie z systemem u mnie i muszę jeszcze spróbować z innego PC.

Wydaje się, że to emisja Unicast, wyjście jest ustawione na IP 228.1.1.1. Nie pamiętam teraz numeru portu, sprawdzę później, adres MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00.

Jeśli udałoby się nam puścić to w sieć, to dalej można byłoby to oglądać na żywo za pomocą odtwarzaczy VLC lub MPC-HC (w szczególności MPC-HC radzi sobie z 8K wyjątkowo stabilnie).

PS: Testy robi SES, PSCC dostarczyło zawartość. Te materiały miały być użyte w testach w maju na 23,5°E (tak informował sam operator), ale najwyraźniej z jakiegoś powodu ich wtedy nie wykorzystano (a przynajmniej ja nie trafiłem).

Excellent Mr. Orbita. I did not know about your article but I assure you that I'm glad you gave me the link.I read it with interest,as I also have read your message on this topic.

I have to say that it was a pleasant surprise to see the Poles do the first 8K satellite tests in Europe.I expected other more powerful countries,economically and technologically speaking,such as Germany,France,etc to begin transmitting in the 8k resolution.But,as is well known,technology has no borders,even for less favored countries from the historical perspective and,some cases,even geographic,as was your country.I very much appreciate this success,for which I congratulate you :brawo:

For those who can not see this test at 28.2E,they can download it from here .

Unfortunately I missed the tests in May at 23.5E,that's why I would be grateful if you have a .ts file with those tests to post them somewhere so I can see it for myself.Thanks in advance :smile:

I will recommend you to use SmartDVB player to run the 8K file. Consume very little of the CPU resources.That's why I've put together Task Manager when this player runs the file.With other players(PotPlayer),CPU reaches 100%.

Here are a couple of other shots from this stream at 28.2 E:

2wqwj1k.jpg

ea4bvs.jpg

16hw45l.jpg

sm6eft.jpg

Kind regards

@satesco - thanks for screenshots ;) About 23,5°E TS - would You like source or filtered file?

And now what is my current progress related to receiving 8K live:

Link to BDADataEx: http://crazycat69.narod.ru/sattelite/DVBDataEx/bdadataex.htm

Beside app there is TAP driver which need to be installed manually or automatically. I did it manually by running install.cmd as admin (on Win10 x64 so from amd64 folder).

Everything seems to work, driver is visible and BDADataEx is able to change it's settings.

Here are my main settings:

64395.png

And here are my current MPE settings:

64397.png

(TS Mbps rate is very random, but up to 80 Mbps, so I assume that's OK).

Most important are:

- MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 - if I change this - no traffic

- Unicast-PID set to 3000 - if I change this - no trafiic

I was trying to set for example Multicast-PID to 8192 and I was hoping to see trafiic, but that failed - Total data rate in this case is empty. In fact this setting is the only one on which I see any traffic in "Total data rate" field.

By Wireshark I was able to check that:

- Source IP is 10.0.1.116 and port is 42213

- Destination IP is 228.1.1.1 and port is 10002

- protocol is UDP

As I'm able to see trafiic - I assume that it is streaming... somewhere :) (somewhere over the rainbow ;) )

I'm not very strong in relation to network traffic. My first thought was to try to:

- udp://@10.10.10.10:10002 - fail

Then I've started my favourite thing: to do random things to see if they will work :D

- udp://@10.10.10.10:42213 - fail

- udp://@10.0.1.116:10002 - fail

- udp://@10.0.1.116:42213 - fail

- udp://@228.1.1.1:10002 - fail

- udp://@228.1.1.1:42213 - fail

- udp://@:10002 - fail

- udp://@:42213 - fail

- udp://my_ip@:10002 - fail

- udp://my_ip@:42213 - fail

Then I tried to route 10.10.10.10 in Windows to my LAN, that was probably something like:

route ADD 10.10.10.10 MASK 255.255.255.255 192.168.178.1

(192.168.178.1 is my local DNS)

Again all attempts to play udp at any IP address failed.

I'm pretty sure that I'm stuck on network config and probably on something very stupid... Any help highly appreciated, I'll try to contact @crazycat, maybe he would share some idea...

Screenshots:

64398.png

64399.png

64400.png

64401.png

I see additional IP 224.16.16.2 with low data rate. I went back to Wireshark and set to follow UDP, in 60 secs recording there is just 18 packets directed to this IP, SRC is 10.0.1.41, SRC port 48859, Destination port 10002, UDP again.

Thanks for helping ;)

So IP is multicast, but MAC some strange.

Anyway must work as @Mr.Orbita describe - UC PID & MAC. But multicast container can be some new for 8K, maybe some new HEVC codes ? :)

P,S, Look like 84" for 8K is some [beep]ing budget option :) I still have 42" FHD with passive 3D option :) See some 50-60" UHD LED panels and this some garbage :)

Edytowane przez crazycat

Thanks @crazycat for all Your efforts, help and great software! :D

I found reason for my problems and...

I've succeeded! I'm able to watch 8K live! :D

That was just a network configuration problem, nothing else ;)

Very helpful was Microsoft Network Monitor app, with which I was able to check traffic at TAP driver. This app showed me traffic flow, 228.1.1.1 IP and 10002 port were correct.

So it became clear for me that traffic is ongoing and my problem is that I've got no access. What I did? I disabled all network adapters except of TAP and voila :D

I'm able to play stream by Media Player Classic HC with: udp://@228.1.1.1:10002

So my problem was in fact: how to route 228.1.1.1 traffic from TAP driver to my network. And my idea with routing was OK, after many attempts finally I found solution - I had just take care about route metric which need to have lower value than NIC!

For my config enough was to do this:

route ADD 10.10.10.1 192.168.178.1 METRIC 20

But believe me, that before I found this I've tested thousands of possible routes, my brain nearly burned out :lol2:

Maybe this isn't the best way, but works, so it's acceptable :)

64430.jpg

Especially thanks for crazycat - Your BDADataEx app is just genius! :D

Wrote about that as I do believe it is very interesting, also I've put there link to crazycat donations website ;)

https://satkurier.pl/news/171979/poradnik-sat-kuriera-jak-ogladac-8k-z-satelity-na-zywo.html

PS: @satesco - I'll send You later a private message with TS file - still uploading  ;)

PS2: And I even don't have TV at all :D Somehow I cannot imagine to watch TV on 84'' screen, just 15 years ago I had 21'' and I was very happy, even I felt it was too big :lol:

So it became clear for me that traffic is ongoing and my problem is that I've got no access. What I did? I disabled all network adapters except of TAP and voila :D

I'm able to play stream by Media Player Classic HC with: udp://@228.1.1.1:10002

Maybe need set TAP IP in url ? some like udp://10.10.10.10@228.1.1.1:10002

P.S. 8K stream in HEVC ? Hardware HEVC decoding not work ?

Edytowane przez crazycat

Thanks, seems to a good idea, because it maybe will force to use TAP network because of IP address class. Checked just now and stream is playing, but I messed so much with routes that now it's playing for me straight from udp://@228.1.1.1:10002 :) I'll try to do some more tests ;)

8K in HEVC, up to 80 Mbit/s, unfortunately my graphics card is even without 4K HW support, so CPU is trying to do it's best - with slow down and finally player will crash :/ But it's always something :) If nVidia is telling the truth - HW support for 8K should be available in all new GTX 1050/1060/1070 etc.

@satesco - do You have maybe some better graphics card? I see from Your CPU usage graph, that seems it's not CPU, so Your GPU is able to do HW decoding?

Maybe I should buy something better ;)

@Mr.Orbita,

I haven't had time to make tests in 8K at 28.2E.Now I notice that there is no signal on 12480 V :(

Maybe next time,which,I hope,will be sooner than we expected :wink:

Kind regards

I really have a the CPU 1GTX1060 that knows HW decoding. I thought I deleted the 8K file I recorded on 12480 V.Fortunately I found the file and I was able to run in HW mode with the HEVC codec from the VLC player.Before that I rip the file with the StaxRip app in format 8k NVIDIA H. 265.And than the file ran perfectly with fewer graphics card resources.

hXlxVqW.png

0nrS6J8.png

BCFW7XD.png